Accept and Continue

Cookies on this site

This site uses cookies. For more information, please see our privacy policy.
Skip to main content


It all started.........

.. in 1932, when the green was laid down by Wilts United Dairies as a part of a recreational park facility for their employees.  It started life as a 4 rink green and was increased to 6 rinks prior to the start of World War II in 1945.  The green continued in use until the dairy ceased production in 1964,  In 1966 the park area was purchased by Buckingham Borough Council.  In the same year a club committee was formed and Chandos Park Bowls Club was founded in 1967.  In 1969 the men's section affiliated to the Bucks County Bowls Association and in 1971 the ladies were affiliated to the Bucks County Women's Bowling Association.  With Local Authority boundary changes occurring in 1974 ownership of the green passed to Aylesbury Vale district council.  With the river running close to the green, flooding was always an issue, and in 2001 the old clubhouse was demolished and replaced by a new clubhouse, built on raised foundations to provide some flood protection.  During the club's 50 year history its members have won 3 National titles, several County and Home Counties titles, and been home to two International players.